Re: When I set the synchronous_standby_names and synchronous_commit to off, the replication query state also show in sync mode. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: When I set the synchronous_standby_names and synchronous_commit to off, the replication query state also show in sync mode.
Date
In response to When I set the synchronous_standby_names and synchronous_commit to off, the replication query state also show in sync mode.  (厚积薄发 <postgresql_2016@163.com>)
Responses Re: When I set the synchronous_standby_names and synchronous_commit to off, the replication query state also show in sync mode.  (厚积薄发 <postgresql_2016@163.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 9:00 AM, =E5=8E=9A=E7=A7=AF=E8=96=84=E5=8F=91 <postg=
resql_2016@163.com> wrote:
> It also shows in the sync replication mode, however, it is in the async
> mode. And I can create a table in the primary mode.

This is not a bug, but a design behavior. synchronous_commit can be
used to enforce synchronous replication checks not to happen for
certain transactions. Take for example transactions where temporary or
unlogged tables are created, you don't need to care about the WAL they
generated to be replicated before going back to the client.
--=20
Michael