Re: Postgis extension bug w/ OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Postgis extension bug w/ OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Marcelo Bacha <dronsz@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an OpenBSD 5.3 server, with PostgreSQL 9.3.0, which seems to work
> fine. I=B4m trying to install  on it, which always worked fine.
Postgres is working fine as you mention, and only PostGIS development
failed. Based on the information above which looks to be a library
linking problem for your PostGIS installation, this problem is not
related to PG.

> When I try to install the extension for Postgis 2.1.0, I get this error o=
> psql:
>
>   postgres=3D# CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
>   ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so":
> dlopen (/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so) failed: Cannot load specif=
ied
> object
You mention that you are trying to install postgis 2.1, but
rtpostgis-2.2.so is part of the PostGIS 2.2 bundle (version currently
in development). So which one are you trying to install?

> The paths seems all to be OK:
>
>   # ls -l /usr/local/pgsql/lib/*post*
>   -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1276039 Jul  1 16:50
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/postgis-2.2.so
>   -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1208861 Jul  1 16:50
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so
>
> When I try to preload the rtpostgis shared object setting the LD_PRELOAD
> environment variable, I get this info on psql:
>
>   $ psql
> (...)
>   psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
> 'CurrentMemoryContext'
>   psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
> 'SPI_tuptable'
>   psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol 'SPI_resul=
t'
>   psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
> 'InterruptPending'
>   psql:/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so: undefined symbol
> 'SPI_processed'
>   psql (9.2.4)
> (...)
>
> In fact, I=B4ve been trying to solve this since a long time ago, and with=
 many
> previous versions of both Postgresql and Postgis, but I=B4m really stuck
Also, what is the output of this command? =3D> ldd
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.so
Are you sure that rtpostgis is linked to the necessary PG libs?
--=20
Michael