Re: tap tests remove working directories - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: tap tests remove working directories
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

>> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 1:40 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Yeah, maybe. I'm thinking of trying to do it more globally, like in
>>> src/Makefile.global.in. That way we wouldn't have to add new code to
>>> every
>>> test file.
>>
>> If we rely on END to clean up the temporary data folder, there is no
>> need to impact each test file, just the test functions called in
>> TestLib.pm that could switch a flag to not perform any cleanup at the
>> end of the run should an unexpected result be found. Now I am as well
>> curious to see what you have in mind with manipulating
>> Makefile.global.
>
> See attached. If you have a better idea please post your patch.

Sure. Attached is what I have in mind. Contrary to your version we
keep around temp paths should a run succeed after one that has failed
when running make check multiple times in a row. Perhaps it does not
matter much in practice as log files get removed at each new run but I
think that this allows a finer control in case of failure. Feel free
to have a look.
--
Michael

Attachment