Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:39 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> but I am looking for, so in early next versions some interesting bgworkers
> will be in core - scheduler, idle connection killer, multi CPU sorter, ...
-1 for that. Those bgworkers things satisfy very specific needs (I
implemented one of them in the list). I'd rather see a wiki page
listing them properly and let each implementer maintain their code.

> So I am thinking, it should be marked as "other" feature this year.
+1 for that. Dynamic background workers is a hacker feature.
--
Michael