Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: Let's start talking features and "theme" for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

All,

Just realized that our list didn't include:

Dynamic background workers

... the question is whether this is a top feature or an "other" feature.
 Can someone do something cool with this right now?

It is highly important - for PostgreSQL hackers only (and it continues in better extensibility ever year, so paradoxically, it is not something new) - I don't expect so usual user can use it in next two years.

but I am looking for, so in early next versions some interesting bgworkers will be in core - scheduler, idle connection killer, multi CPU sorter, ...

So I am thinking, it should be marked as "other" feature this year.

regards

Pavel

--
Josh Berkus