Re: Build broken with nmake since ea74e47 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Build broken with nmake since ea74e47
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since commit ea74e47, the build with nmake is broken:
> NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'exe\connect-test.exe'
> I have yet to diagnose what is wrong here, but a guess is that win.mak
> is missing a trick.

After spending some time on that, I can reproduce the problem, but I
have little idea how to properly link each exe and src file with
common.obj at the same time using this nmake Makefile. ea74e47 has
really introduced a broken concept in win.mak, and I am sure that this
has not been tested. Could it be possible to get back to the prior
behavior for just nmake? For example the patch attached does the job
for me again.

At the same time, I have noticed a compilation error in
large-object-data-at-exec-test.c regarding a type declaration in the
middle of a code block, basically that:
-        int error = SQL_SUCCESS != rc && SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO != rc
&& SQL_NEED_DATA != rc;
+        error = SQL_SUCCESS != rc &&
+                SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO != rc &&
+                SQL_NEED_DATA != rc;
--
Michael

Attachment