Re: perlcritic - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: perlcritic
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 12:57 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> We now have 80+ Perl files in our tree, and it's growing.  Some of those
> files were originally written for Perl 4, and the coding styles and
> quality are quite, uh, divergent.  So I figured it's time to clean up
> that code a bit.  I ran perlcritic over the tree and cleaned up all the
> warnings at level 5 (the default, least severe).

Do you think we should be concerned about the increased difficulty to
backpatch fixes if this patch is applied? I personally think that's
fine to do this cleanup on HEAD only, still others may have a
different opinion.

> Testing guidelines:
> - msvc files need to be tested separately.  I tested as best as I could
> on a non-Windows system.

And tested on Windows, I am not seeing failures.
--
Michael