Re: [HACKERS] src/interfaces/libpq shipping nmake-related Makefiles - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] src/interfaces/libpq shipping nmake-related Makefiles
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> PFA a patch that does this. Did I miss something? :)
>
> Perhaps we should get rid of the WIN32_ONLY_COMPILER symbol altogether;
> given this patch, "#ifdef WIN32_ONLY_COMPILER" could be replaced by
> "#ifdef _MSC_VER".

That's here in the patch for people wondering:
-#if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__BORLANDC__)
+#if defined(_MSC_VER)#define WIN32_ONLY_COMPILER#endif
+1 for the renaming.

> Or maybe rename it to something else --- I'm not sure what, but
> I've always found that symbol rather confusing.

No complains here as well. Thanks for the patch.
--
Michael