Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_basebackup stream xlog to tar
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> We don't seem to check for similar issues as the one just found in the
> existing tests though, do we? As in, we don't actually verify that the xlog
> files being streamed are 16Mb? (Or for that matter that the tarfile emitted
> by -Ft is actually a tarfile?) Or am I missing some magic somewhere? :)

No. There is no checks on the WAL file size (you should use the output
of pg_controldata to see how large the segments should be). For the
tar file, the complication is in its untar... Perl provides some ways
to untar things, though the oldest version that we support in the TAP
tests does not offer that :(
--
Michael