Re: BUG #13620: Streaming replication process titles should use zero padding for TX ids. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13620: Streaming replication process titles should use zero padding for TX ids.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 2:27 PM, J=C3=BCrgen Strobel wrote:
> I understand this is not a bug in the sense that it displays wrong
> information, nor that I cannot get the information in a different way.
> The problem is that the proctitle functionality, which is very
> convenient and much faster than typing the SELECT above, is diminished
> by easily misleading people when it displays this id in hex encoding
> without zero padding.

Nothing prevents you to have a bash alias or a custom script doing
that. It is only a matter of minutes to have something working, and
for example psql -At will save you any parsing code you need to have
when querying ps. If you want as well to query the lag in bytes
between both nodes, simply compare the LSN position and you would get
a result in bytes.
--=20
Michael