Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_upgrade failure on Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 11:23 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 6:50 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> In this part the only difference is a spawn of cmd /c, but I don't see
> why it is useful to spawn a new command prompt here for this case, so
> we could just drop this part. Looking at the log history, this has
> been added since this code creation..

Taking back my words here. We definitely want to spawn a new process
in the case of pg_regress, so I think that the best thing to do would
be to pass the to-be-launched command to get_restrict_token(), and be
careful with WaitForSingleObject and GetExitCodeProcess() as there are
cases where we cannot wait for a process, so we are going to need a
control flag, or to let the callers of get_restricted_token() do the
wait themselves. I would think that the latter is better, additional
opinions being welcome.
--
Michael