Re: Incorrect handling of timezones with extract - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Incorrect handling of timezones with extract
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
postgres=# select extract(day from ((CAST(-3 || 'day' as interval)+now()) - now()));
 date_part
-----------
        -2
(1 row)
Here I believe that the correct result should be -3.
Note that it passes with values upper than -2 and lower than -127:
Also note that this happens only with the timezone set where time -1day.
Sorry for the noise, I found the same question answered here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17307.1021949260@sss.pgh.pa.us
This is due to the fact that US/Pacific moved to DST last weekend.
--
Michael