Re: Hash index creation warning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Hash index creation warning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 6/12/15 5:00 PM, Thom Brown wrote:

>>> Patch applied.
>>

>> I only just noticed this item when I read the release notes.  Should
>> we bother warning when used on an unlogged table?
>

> Not really; but I think the bigger question at this point is if we want to
> change it this late in the game.

Changing it even during beta looks acceptable to me. I think that it
is mainly a matter to have a patch (here is one), and someone to push
it as everybody here seem to agree that for UNLOGGED tables this
warning has little sense.
--
Michael

Attachment