Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [Proposal] Allow users to specify multiple tables inVACUUM commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM, Bossart, Nathan <bossartn@amazon.com> wrote:
> Just in case it was missed among the discussion, I’d like to point out that v5 of the patch includes the “ERROR if
ANALYZEnot specified” change.

As long as I don't forget...

+VACUUM vactst (i);
Looking at the tests of v5, I think that you should as well add a test
that lists multiple relations with one or more relations listing a
column list for a VACUUM query, without ANALYZE specified in the
options as the parsings of VacuumStmt and AnalyzeStmt are two
different code paths, giving something like that:
VACUUM (FREEZE) rel1, rel2(col1,col2); --error
--
Michael