Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2012-11-29 11:53:50 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> And here is a version for 9.1.  This omits the code changes directly
> relevant to DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY, but includes the changes to avoid
> transactional updates of the pg_index row during CREATE CONCURRENTLY,
> as well as the changes to prevent use of not-valid or not-ready indexes
> in places where it matters.  I also chose to keep on using the
> IndexIsValid and IndexIsReady macros, so as to avoid unnecessary
> divergences of the branches.

Looks good me.

> I think this much of the patch needs to go into all supported branches.

Looks like that to me, yes.

Thanks for all that work!
Thanks. Just by looking at the patch it will be necessary to realign the patch of REINDEX CONCURRENTLY.
However, as the discussion regarding the lock taken at phase 2 (index swapping) is still not done, I am not sure if it is worth to do that yet. Andres, please let me know in case you want a better version for your review.
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com