Re: Unused macros in src/include/access/transam.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Unused macros in src/include/access/transam.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When dealing with some patch review I've noticed there are two macro is not
> used anywhere:
>
> #define TransactionIdStore(xid, dest)   (*(dest) = (xid))
> #define StoreInvalidTransactionId(dest) (*(dest) = InvalidTransactionId)

Not by the core code, perhaps they are used by extensions though. The
last bit of code using TransactionIdStore is from 2007 (282d2a03), by
the way. Still, knowing the low level of maintenance those are
requiring, it does not seem worth a compilation breakage I think.
--
Michael