Re: dynloader.h missing in prebuilt package for Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: dynloader.h missing in prebuilt package for Windows?
Date
Re: dynloader.h missing in prebuilt package for Windows?  (Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan  4, 2016 at 12:59:26PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>>
>> > Well, as I said, I can't test the patch, which made me lean toward
>> > 9.5.1.
>>
>> That's what the buildfarm is for ... but ...
>>
>> I would have been fine with you pushing this yesterday, but now it's
>> too late to get a buildfarm cycle on it.  Please hold for 9.5.1.
>
> Oh, I forgot about the buildfarm testing.  Good point.  OK, hold for
> 9.5.1.

The patch would put the buildfarm in red as it is incomplete anyway,
with MSVC what is used instead of dynloader.h is
port/dynloader/win32.h. Instead of this patch I would be incline to
remove the #define stuff with dynloader.h that use WIN32_ONLY_COMPILER
(see for example dfmgr.c) and just copy the header in include/. This
way we use the same header for all platforms.
--
Michael