Visual Studio 2015 and telemetry calls - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Visual Studio 2015 and telemetry calls
Date
Re: Visual Studio 2015 and telemetry calls  (Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Some people may have bumped into the following surprise for VS2015:

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/10/1350245/visual-studio-2015-c-compiler-secretly-inserts-telemetry-code-into-binaries

VS 2015 is adding calls to telemetry (surprise!) to track activity of
an application... I can't believe that everybody wants that as enabled
and a workaround to disable it is to add notelemetry.obj to the linker
visibly. So could we consider disabling telemetry as the default
behavior when building Postgres? Anybody willing to enable that could
just fork and hack the scripts in src/tools/msvc/.

Thoughts?
--
Michael