Re: XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE handling of wal_log_hints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 4:24 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I was fixing how commit_ts handles the XLOG_PARAMETER_CHANGE I noticed
> that for wal_log_hints we assign the value in ControFile to current value
> instead of value that comes from WAL.
>
> ISTM it has just information value so it should not have any practical
> impact, but it looks like a bug anyway so here is simple patch to change
> that.
Right. That's something that should get fixed in 9.4 as well..
        ControlFile->track_commit_timestamp = track_commit_timestamp;
The new value of track_commit_timestamp should be taken as well from
xlrec on master btw.
--
Michael