Re: Building PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Building PostgreSQL in Eclipse on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Igal @ Lucee.org <igal@lucee.org> wrote:
> I downloaded the PostgreSQL source code and tried to follow the docs but can't figure out where to download the
dependencies?1. libreadline5-dev, 2. zlib1g-dev, 3. bison (YACC), 4. flex and where to save them to on disk?

Regarding bison and flex, you should have a look here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/install-windows-full.html
For readline and zlib, you will save yourself a lot of pain by using
--without-readline and --without-zlib. For development purposes that's
surely fine to build without them.

> I ran ./configure --prefix=$HOME/project --enable-depend --enable-cassert --enable-debug and it seems to have
completedwith no errors, but I do not see anything at $HOME/project?

I would not think so, without bison in PATH ./configure would not
complete, and complain loudly.
--
Michael