Re: pgsql: Disable installcheck tests for test_session_hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Disable installcheck tests for test_session_hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Disable installcheck tests for test_session_hooks
>
> This seems not quite right; it's causing warnings like this:
>
> $ make -s clean
> Makefile:25: warning: overriding commands for target `installcheck'
> ../../../../src/makefiles/pgxs.mk:275: warning: ignoring old commands for target `installcheck'

This is caused by the fact that installcheck gets defined because of
REGRESS. This stuff should do something similar to what is done in
contrib/test_decoding/Makefile, and I think that it would be useful to
have the option to force installcheck on an installation that has all
the needed parameters set. With this last point, I think that the
test_session_hooks.sql should drop the roles it created. Attached is a
cleanup patch (includes fixes for compilation warnings).
--
Michael

Attachment