Re: Nested xmlagg doesn't give a result 9.2.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Nested xmlagg doesn't give a result 9.2.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Peter Kroon <plakroon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also no result with FROM __my_table LIMIT 1;

I'm having correct results with PG 9.2 by using either xmlagg or xmlelement.
For example:
postgres=# SELECT xmlelement(name el_name, id) FROM __table LIMIT 1;
      xmlelement
----------------------
 <el_name>1</el_name>
Or:
postgres=# SELECT xmlagg(xmlelement(name el_name, id)) FROM __table;
                  xmlagg
 <el_name>1</el_name><el_name>2</el_name>
(1 row)

Btw, such simple tests would have failed on the buildfarm for regression
xml.sql, so this looks to be an error in your environment.
Don't you have for example problems with the client application you use?
--
Michael