Re: Table-level log_autovacuum_min_duration - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Table-level log_autovacuum_min_duration
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Naoya Anzai
<anzai-naoya@mxu.nes.nec.co.jp> wrote:
> As a result, I think you should not delete VACOPT_VERBOSE.

In v8 it is not deleted. It is still declared, and its use is isolated
in gram.y, similarly to VACOPT_FREEZE.

> According to the last mail I have posted, the difference of
> manual-vacuum log and auto-vacuum log exists clearly.

Did you test the latest patch v8? I have added checks in it to see if
a process is an autovacuum worker to control elevel and the extra logs
of v7 do not show up.

> So, at least you should not touch the mechanism of VACOPT_VERBOSE
> until both vacuum log formats are unified to a same format.

If you mean that we should have the same kind of log outputs for
autovacuum and manual vacuum, I think that this is not going to
happen. Autovacuum entries are kept less verbose on purpose, contract
that v7 clealy broke.

> If you agree my think, please undo your removing VACOPT_VERBOSE work.

Well, I don't agree :) And I am guessing that you did not look at v8
as well. Centralizing the control of logs using log_min_duration is
more extensible than simply having VACOPT_VERBOSE.
--
Michael