Re: how to tell master from replica - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: how to tell master from replica
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:
> Assuming a master & replica set up using streaming replication, hot standby, 9.3.
>
> I'd like to have a single script on both machines distinguish whether it's running on the machine with the master or
replica,and take different actions accordingly.

> Is the way to do this to check for the presence of wal sender process vs wal receiver process? Or is there a query
thatcould executed against sys tables to find current running config of the local postmaster?
"SELECT pg_is_in_recovery();" can be used to make the difference
between a master and a slave.
--
Michael