Re: standalone backend PANICs during recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: standalone backend PANICs during recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> So at this point I'm pretty baffled as to what the actual use-case is
> here.

It is easier to attach a debugger in this case to analyze the problem?

> I am tempted to say that a standalone backend should refuse to
> start at all if a recovery.conf file is present.  If we do want to
> allow the case, we need some careful thought about what it should do.

+1 for preventing an instance in --single mode to start if
recovery.conf is present. It is better to put safeguards than getting
unwanted behaviors.
--
Michael