Re: WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - Postgres 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: WARNING : pgstat wait timeout - Postgres 9.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM, Mathieu Guerin <mathieu.guerin64@gmail.com> wrote:
What are the consequences ? Because this file will be remove if the server reboot.
Those temporary statistics are stored in global directory when server shuts down, so the risk here would be to lose a portion of this data in the case of a crash, either at PG or at OS level.

If we change the parameter stats_temp_directory is it necessary to reboot the server ?
No, sending SIGHUP to the server is enough.

When I lauch a SHOW ALL; command, the parameter stats_temp_director is not here.
You should get it...
stats_temp_directory            | pg_stat_tmp                                       | Writes temporary statistics files to the specified directory.
--
Michael