Memory leak fixes for pg_dump, pg_dumpall, initdb and pg_upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Memory leak fixes for pg_dump, pg_dumpall, initdb and pg_upgrade
Date
Re: Memory leak fixes for pg_dump, pg_dumpall, initdb and pg_upgrade  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Please find attached a set of fixes for a couple of things in src/bin:
- pg_dump/pg_dumpall:
-- getFormattedTypeName, convertTSFunction and myFormatType return
strdup'd results that are never free'd.
-- convertTSFunction returns const char. I fail to see the point of
that... In my opinion we are fine with just returning a char pointer,
which is strdup'd so as it can be freed by the caller.
- initdb's and pg_regress' use getaddrinfo, but do not free the
returned result with freeaddrinfo().
- Coverity noticed on the way some leaked memory in pg_upgrade's
equivalent_locale().

Those issues have been mostly spotted by Coverity, I may have spotted
some of them while looking at similar code paths... In any case that's
Coverity's win ;)
Regards,
--
Michael