Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 6:22 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Michael Paquier wrote:

> > This looks great as a starting point.  I think we should make TestLib
> > depend on PostgresNode instead of the other way around.  I will have a
> > look at that (I realize this means messing with the existing tests).
>
> Makes sense. My thoughts following that is that we should keep a track of
> the nodes started as an array which is part of TestLib, with PGHOST set
> once at startup using tempdir_short. That's surely an refactoring patch
> somewhat independent of the recovery test suite. I would not mind writing
> something among those lines if needed.

OK, please do.

We can split this up in two patches: one introducing PostgresNode
(+ RecursiveCopy) together with the refactoring of existing test code,
and a subsequent one introducing RecoveryTest and the corresponding
subdir.  Sounds good?

Yeah, that matches my line of thoughts. Will do so.
--
Michael