Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with this idea. I've tried to make it wait for archiving but
> it seems to me that there are other two issues we need to deal with:
> the timeline ID on standby server is always reset after created a
> restart point, and ThisTimeLineID variable of a backend process is not
> set on the standby node when initializing. The former would be easy to
> fix because resetting it is for debugging purposes. However, to deal
> with latter issue, I'm considering the influence on other things.

ThisTimeLineID does not need to be touched. It seems to me that you
should just use the wait timeline as minRecoveryPointTLI, and wait for
segments using this value. The segment and backup history files to
wait for should be defined with minRecoveryPoint.
--
Michael