Re: Regression tests for deprecated functions - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Regression tests for deprecated functions
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> I spotted one more issue in the regression test for deprecated functions:
>
> The comment in it correctly states, SQLColAttributes has been replaced with
> SQLColAttribute. But the regression test then calls SQLColAttribute, i.e.
> the new functions, not the deprecated one. I haven't looked what difference
> it makes in practice.
The field identifiers have been changed from SQL_COLUMN_* to SQL_DESC_*:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms710910%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
Hence I think that the patch attached is enough, even if we do not
test all the field identifiers..

> (We don't have any other regression tests for the new SQLColAttribute, which
> would be nice to have anyway)
True.
--
Michael