Re: Writable foreign tables: how to identify rows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Writable foreign tables: how to identify rows
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:35 PM, Pavan Deolasee <pavan.deolasee@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 for adding a new system attribute. We did something similar in
Postgres-XC, though problem there was much simpler because we always
knew that the remote FDW is a Postgres instance running the same
version. So we added a new system column "node_id" which does not get
any disk storage, but gets set during execution time depending on
which node the tuple belongs to. The ctid system column of course is
set to the remote ctid.
Just thinking aloud... This could also be merged in XC code and reduce XC code footprint on PG core.
--
Michael