Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date
Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
> * Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> On 04/08/2016 11:02 AM, Christian Ullrich wrote:
>

>>>   src/port/chklocale.c(233): warning C4133: 'function': incompatible
>>>   types - from 'const char *' to 'LPCWSTR' [...\postgres.vcxproj]
>

>> Do you have a fix for the LPCWSTR parameter issue?
>

> As long as the locale short name cannot contain characters outside of ASCII,
> and I don't see how it could, just the typical measure-allocate-convert
> dance, add error handling to taste:
>
> int res = MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, 0, ctype, -1, NULL, 0);
> WCHAR *wctype = malloc(res * sizeof(WCHAR));
> memset(wctype, 0, res * sizeof(WCHAR));
> res = MultiByteToWideChar(CP_ACP, 0, ctype, -1, wctype, wctypelen);
>
> If it is somehow guaranteed that ctype is only the most basic short name
> ("xx-YY") with no code pages or anything, it becomes much simpler, of
> course, and I would just use a loop.
>
> If the locale name can contain characters above 0x7f, we'd have to know the
> code page of the string we use to get the code page.

Could somebody give a try instead of me? I could take a look on it,
but just in 12 hours or so, aka after the deadline if that matters for
this patch.
--
Michael