Re: [BUGS] BUG #11608: ODBC driver crashes after wrong password entered - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #11608: ODBC driver crashes after wrong password entered
Date
List pgsql-odbc

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM, <eric.hill@jmp.com> wrote:
This is more about your 64-bit ODBC driver than the PostgreSQL database
itself.
This is more adapted on the pgsql-odbc list.

We are using version 9.03.03 of your 64-bit ODBC driver.  We are finding
that after SQLDriverConnect() with a bad password, the driver becomes
unstable, and a second call to SQLDriverConnect() can (but does not always)
crash with an access violation.  I have not tried the 32-bit driver to see
if that replicates the problem, which means I also haven't tried other
products that support ODBC, because I don't know of any other 64-bit
products with ODBC support.
This should be easy to reproduce. Have you seen that on Linux/Unix as well.
--
Michael