Re: Getting total and free disk space from paths in PGDATA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Getting total and free disk space from paths in PGDATA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> statvfs is part of the POSIX spec and is "normally" present on modern
>> platforms (BSD, OSX, Linux and Solaris have it as far as I saw, still
>> there may be some strange platform without it).
>
> There are considerably less strange platforms that have per-user
> disk quotas.  I wonder what statvfs does with those.

This does not seem good on this side. On Linux for example statvfs and
statfs return information about the FS and not the quotas related to
the user calling it, which would be what is actually interesting in
our case when PG is run by a user under which hard-limit quotas are
applying :(
--
Michael