Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> That might be worth a try.  I ended up disabling system integrity
>>> protection, which also fixed a few other strange behaviors (mysterious
>>> regression test failures in ecpg, for instance, if anyone stumbles
>>> across that).
>
>> Yeah, that's wiser IMO. I would expect at the end people doing some
>> serious development work to disable SIP at the end, this is known as
>> well to cause issues with homebrew for example.
>
> I think we should all file bugs telling Apple it's insane to suppress
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH across a shell invocation.  I can see the point of
> it for some other system binaries, but not sh.

There is:
http://openradar.appspot.com/22807197

And it seems that this is intended policy because python, perl, bash,
etc processes are running as protected processes even if there script
is not, and all the dldy variables are getting purged:
https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/13161
--
Michael