Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files
Date
Re: insufficient qualification of some objects in dump files  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:17 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Some dump objects whose names are not unique on a schema level have
> insufficient details in the dump TOC.  For example, a column default
> might have a TOC entry like this:
>
> 2153; 2604 39696 DEFAULT public a rolename
>
> Note that this only contains the schema name and the column name, but
> not the table name.  So this makes it impossible to filter the TOC by
> text search in situations like this.
>
> It looks like other object types such as triggers have the same problem.
>
> I think we should amend the archive tag for these kinds of objects to
> include the table name, so it might look like:
>
> 2153; 2604 39696 DEFAULT public test a rolename
>
> Comments?

+1. I noticed that this limitation is present for triggers (as you
mentioned), constraints, fk constraints and RLS policies which should
be completed with a table name.
--
Michael