Re: proposal for 9.5: monitoring lock time for slow queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: proposal for 9.5: monitoring lock time for slow queries
Date
Re: proposal for 9.5: monitoring lock time for slow queries
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:59 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea how to show a lock time in some practical form together with logged
> slow query?

Doing a join on pg_stat_activity and pg_locks is not going to help
much as you could only get the moment when query has started or its
state has changed. Have you thought about the addition of a new column
in pg_locks containing the timestamp of the moment a lock has been
taken? I am sure that we are concerned about the performance impact
that extra calls to gettimeofday could have though...
Regards,
--
Michael