Re: inserting huge file into bytea cause out of memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: inserting huge file into bytea cause out of memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
> liuyuanyuan wrote:
>> By the way, my project is about migrating Oracle data of BLOB type to
>> PostgreSQL database. The out of memory  error occurred  between migrating
>> Oracle BLOB to PostgreSQL bytea. Another question, if I can't migrate BLOB to bytea,
>> how about oid type ?
>
> Large Objects (I guess that's what you mean with "oid" here)
> might be the better choice for you, particularly since you
> have out of memory problems.
Take care that the limit of large objects is 2GB in Postgres 9.2 or
lower (with default block size).By thw way, you will be fine in the
case of your application. It is also worth noticing that is increased
to 4TB in 9.3.
--
Michael