Re: pg_receivexlog and replication slots - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_receivexlog and replication slots
Date
Re: pg_receivexlog and replication slots
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> - IDENTIFY_SYSTEM checks were incorrect (even in HEAD). The following
>> check was done but in 9.4 this command returns 4 fields:
>> (PQntuples(res) != 1 || PQnfields(res) < 3)
>> That's not directly related to this patch, but making some corrections
>> is not going to hurt..
>
> Good catch! I found that libpqwalreceiver.c, etc have the same problem.
> It's better to fix this separately. Patch attached.
Patch looks good to me. Once you push that I'll rebase the stuff on
this thread once again, that's going to conflict for sure. And now
looking at your patch there is additional refactoring possible with
IDENTIFY_SYSTEM and pg_basebackup as well...
Regards,
--
Michael