Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication and PANIC during shutdowncheckpoint in publisher
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed. Just adding an ERROR message in XLogInsert() is not going to
> help much as this leads also to PANIC for critical sections :(
> So a patch really needs to be a no-op for all WAL-related operations
> within the WAL sender, and that will be quite invasive I am afraid.
>
>> I will move the open item to "Older Bugs" now, because the user
>> experience regression, so to speak, in version 10 has been addressed.
>> (This could be a backpatching candidate, but I am not planning on it for
>> next week's releases in any case.)
>
> No issues with all that.

So, now that the last round of minor releases has happened and that
some dust has settled on this patch, shouldn't there be a backpatch?
If yes, do you need patches for all branches? This problems goes down
to 9.2 anyway as BASE_BACKUP can generate end-of-backup records.
--
Michael