Re: Postgres PHP error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Postgres PHP error
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM, rahul143 <rk204885@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All

Im receiving the following error, on a php page, conneting to postgres 7.4,
installed on Mandrake 10.0
<snip>
Error Description: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
FATAL: sorry, too many clients already .
</snip>
Can anyone tell me what this means?
This error means that the maximum number of clients that can connect at the same time has been reached on server.

Is there a performance setting I need to set under the postgresql conf file.
I have checked, and its set to 100 users.
This error strangely has only happened once. Last week Monday.
Increase your maximum number of users.
Then, you can still improve your application by reducing the time they hold connections on server.
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com