Re: "pivot aggregation" with a patched intarray - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: "pivot aggregation" with a patched intarray
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de> wrote:
> I have patched intarray with 3 additional functions in order to count[distinct] event IDs
> into arrays, whereas the array position correspond to the integer values. (mimic column oriented storage)

I didn't look at the feature itself, but here are some comments about
the format of the patch:
- Be careful the newlines on the file you posted use ¥r¥n, which is
purely Windows stuff... This will generate unnecessary diffs with the
source code
- Here are some guidelines about the code convention:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/source.html
- And here are a couple of rules to respect when submitting a patch:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch
Following those rules will make patch review as well as the life of
reviewers easier.
Regards,
--
Michael