Re: [PERFORM] Unable to start the slave instance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Unable to start the slave instance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Daulat Ram <Daulat.Ram@cyient.com> wrote:
> We are using different releases of windows. Is this issue reported due to different versions of windows releases.
> Master server : Windows 7 Professional
> Slave server : Windows 10 Professional

Please do not top-post.

That may be a problem. Versions of PostgreSQL compiled across
different platforms are different things, and replication is not
supported for that as things happen at a low binary level.

> Step:9
> Replicating the Initial database:
> On the master server, we can use an internal postgres backup start command to create a backup label command. We then
willtransfer the database data to our slave and then issue an internal backup stop command to clean up:
> psql -c “select pg_start_backup(‘initial_backup’);”
> rsync -cva –inplace –exclude=*pg_xlog* /var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main/ slave_IP_address:/var/lib/postgresql/9.3/main/
> psql -c “select pg_stop_backup ();”

Shouldn't you remove the data of the slave as well first?
--
Michael