Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Doing better at HINTing an appropriate column within errorMissingColumn()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> From what I've seen in the wild in Japan, Roman/ASCII characters are
> widely used for object/attribute names, as generally it's much less
> hassle than switching between input methods, dealing with different
> encodings etc. The only place where I've seen Japanese characters widely
> used is in tutorials, examples etc. However that's only my personal
> observation for one particular non-Roman language.
And I agree to this remark, that's a PITA to manage database object
names with Japanese characters directly. I have ever seen some
applications using such ways to define objects though in the past, not
*that* many I concur..
--
Michael