Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur
Date
In response to [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternative hosts whensome errors occur  ("Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Responses Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur  ("Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternative hosts when some errors occur  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki
<tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> Likewise, when the first host has already reached max_connections, libpq doesn't attempt the connection aginst later
hosts.

It seems to me that the feature is behaving as wanted. Or in short
attempt to connect to the next host only if a connection cannot be
established. If there is a failure once the exchange with the server
has begun, just consider it as a hard failure. This is an important
property for authentication and SSL connection failures actually.
--
Michael