Re: Building psqlODBC installers - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Building psqlODBC installers
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
> I found the procedure for building the installers quite cumbersome. There
> are several ways to do it, using the PowerShell installers, or Make.bat or
> Makex64.bat files, and you have to first build the right drivers versions
> etc.
>
> To simplify things, I invented yet another way to build the installers ;-).

> I pushed a patch that adds new targets to the top-level win64.mak file. The
> most interesting target is "world", which builds both x64 and x86 versions
> of the driver, both ANSI and Unicode versions. And then it builds both x86
> and x64 installers. All in one command:
>
> nmake /f win64.mak world
Awesome +1 for the strategy with nmake. Just had a look at what you
pushed and this is really straight-forward.

While looking at that I am wondering as well about having localized
installers with some embedded mst files created by torch. Perhaps this
is too much thinking?
--
Michael