Re: import .sql file into PostgreSQL database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: import .sql file into PostgreSQL database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM, Gaurav Jindal <gaurjin@gmail.com> wrote:
> How to import the .sql file using PSQL or PgAdmin? Can anyone guide me with
> details and step by step instructions.
>
> I tried \i filename.sql command but permission denied. I don't know how to
> make it work. Can anyone helps me out. Thanks!
As you mentionned "¥i $FILE" (as is psql -f $FILE) is just fine, as
you are getting a permission error just be sure that the user that is
using the client application has a read access to the sql file you are
trying to use.
--
Michael