Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:42 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Now, I have produced two patches:
>> > - 0001-Support-for-VS-2015-locale-hack.patch, which makes use of
>> > __crt_locale_data_public in ucrt/corecrt.h. This is definitely an ugly
>> > hack, though I am coming to think that this may be the approach that
>> > would us the less harm, and that's closer to what is done for VS 2012
>> > and 2013.
>> > - 0001-Support-for-VS-2015-getlocaleinfoex.patch, which make use of
>> > GetLocaleInfoEx, this requires us to lower a bit the support grid for
>> > Windows, basically that's throwing support for XP if compilation is
>> > done with VS 2015.
>> > Based on my tests, both are working with short and long local names,
>> > testing via initdb --locale.
>>
>> The first patch is actually not what I wanted to send. Here are the
>> correct ones...
>
> This thread seems to have stalled.  I thought we were going to consider
> these patches for 9.6.  Should we simply push them to see what the
> buildfarm thinks?

We need to choose first which one we'd like to have, it would be great
to get some input from Andrew or even Magnus here who I thought would
get the last word.

> Has anyone other than Michael actually tested it in VS2015?

It doesn't seem to be the case...
--
Michael