Re: BUG #14423: Fail to connect to DB - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #14423: Fail to connect to DB
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Mikael Wall=C3=A9n
<Mikael.Wallen@spark-vision.com> wrote:
> Some additional info.
> It seems as if this is related to F-Secure and/or anti-virus software in =
general. A colleague tried to temporarily disable F-Secure and then the err=
ors stopped. However as soon as he enabled F-Secure again the error message=
s started filling the PostgreSQL logs.
> However I have also seen the same error messages on a virtual machine run=
ning Windows 10 Pro with the latest Windows updates and there I am not runn=
ing F-Secure. I am running Windows Defender though.

Interesting. So would Windows 10 be enforcing Windows Defender or a
virus scanner to be enabled? This OS shines a lot in updating settings
forcibly with its automatic updates, sometimes without caring about
what the user may have changed in the past.
--=20
Michael