Re: Oracle's letter to Russian IT companies - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Oracle's letter to Russian IT companies
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:10 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 02:35:54PM +0800, julyanto SUTANDANG wrote:
>>

>> > First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
>> > win.
>> > (Gandhi)
>> >
>> This is definitely true, i love it.
>> When ppl ignored you, especially related to what u believe, just keep walking,
>> if you are right, eventually you will reach you goal.
>
> In a way it is a sign of Postgres's success that Oracle is reacting to
> us in such a strong way, at least in Russia.  I think this is a gauge of
> how how Oracle will handle us in other countries too in the future.

Having a look at the revenue of Oracle in Russia after the beginning
of this law for 2016Q1, including Y2Y growth, would give a good
insight of how things are involving there. With the existence of this
letter, anybody could assume that it took a serious hit...
--
Michael